EMDR (Eye-Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) is a best practice in treating trauma. First developed by Francine Shapiro, it has been found to be extremely effective in a relatively short amount of time. The negative impacts of trauma can be hard to shake and can often effect a person both physically and mentally.
In This Episode
Kristen Boice, Owner of Pathways To Healing Counseling (www.pathwaystohealingcounseling.com) and host of the Close the Chapter Podcast (www.kristendboice.com) talks with John about her experience working for a Fortune 500, her group practice and their focus on EMDR therapy and her training in Brene Brown’s The Daring Way.
- EMDR training can help many who have experienced negative events or trauma
- Kristen has all of her clinicians certified in EMDR training
- The role that shame can play in trauma can be felt years after the event
- It’s often important to address the way that the negative event impacted the person
- Brene Brown’s – The Daring Way training helps people address their shame
Meet Kristen Boice, LMFT
You can follow Kristen on the following social media platforms
OTC Ep. 41 – Real Conversations With Dr. Christine Moutier
Meet John Dennis
John is a licensed professional counselor with over 14 years of experience who specializes in counseling for individuals, couples, children, and adolescents. He focuses on working with anxious teens and adults, couples who are struggling to connect with one another, and those dealing with grief and loss.